WELCOME!

If this is your first visit to my blog, I recommend that you explore the information in the sidebars. There you will find information about the foundations of my perspectives, the reason it is a commercial blog and the non-profit organizations I support with income from this blog.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Oh, Give Me A Break!

Let the season of campaign silliness, sleaziness and hypocrisy begin! With the passage of health care reform complete and polls showing near equal levels of support and opposition to the bill, politicians in both parties are beginning the process of pandering to voters of every persuasion.

Republicans are circulating a memo that outlines strategies for taking credit for the passage of the health care reform package. Are you serious? Well, I suppose there is some support for this approach, given that many of the components of the package were originally their ideas (years ago). So, I guess they were in favor of the bill before they were opposed before they were in favor? How confusing! I can't wait to vote for Republicans who run on the idea of integrity and their commitment to the right views regardless of how it affects their election chances.

But even more ridiculous is the case of Democratic Senator Blanche Lincoln of Arkansas. She is currently running competing television ads. One touts her opposition to the health care bill, the other touts how she stood with President Obama against the Republicans in pressing the bill through Congress. She must be living in an alternate universe! 

The biggest problem in this situation is the fact that we keep electing people who treat us as if we are really that stupid! It really is time that the voters of this country demand that elected officials be honest and stand up for their votes. I believe that most people, like myself, have far more respect for people they disagree with if they show integrity than they do fore people whom they agree with but lack that integrity.

1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh over this. It is so true. I just wonder how people can be so hypocritical. They must be only focused on their own end that justifies any means!

    ReplyDelete